June 7-10, 2019
Rosarito is a resort town 10 miles south of the US border, an easy drive from San Diego. Rosarito is adjacent to Tijuana, which is one of the fastest growing cities in Mexico. Over 5,000 people move to the area every month, hoping to work in one of the city’s several hundred factories. The minimum wage in Tijuana is less than $5/day and living conditions for most families are difficult.
Hope Sports guests stay on the Homes of Hope 15-acre ocean view campus. This beautiful property has a quaint little café, a multi-purpose sports field, and a walking track.
Building a home is a simple process, but the result spreads hope throughout an entire community. Plus by uniting with other athletes to serve these impoverished families, athletes experience real teamwork. It’s important to develop a purpose beyond our sporting achievements. By connecting to greater meaning, athletes can thrive in their sports and in every aspect of their lives.
- Build teams consist of 10-25 people per home. Come by yourself, with your family or as a group. We’ll make sure enough volunteers are on each house.
- It takes just 2 days to build a home.
- Build supervisors will show you what to do every step of the way.
- All tools and equipment are provided.
- You’ll meet and get to know the family you are building for.
- A new home has a 7-10 year economic impact on a family in need.
- On the last day of the build, you’ll go shopping with the family for home essentials.
- Keys are given to the family in a dedication ceremony.
- You can engage with the local community through activities like soccer and baseball games.
- A detailed workbook containing thoughtful prompts and exercises will guide you through your Hope Sports experience.
- Accommodation, ground transportation, all meals, bottled water and wifi are included.
- Your life, and that of the family you build for, will be changed forever!
June 7 – Arrival in San Diego, Drive to Rosarito (45min), Dinner
June 8 – Build Day 1, Dinner off campus
June 9 – Build Day 2, Dedication, Dinner, Debrief
June 10 – Depart to San Diego
Book flights to arrive before 1pm on Friday June 7th and to depart after 11am on June 10th.
Who benefits from Hope Sports trips?
- The families of the local communities Hope Sports serves
- Young people who participate in sports at all levels
- Individual professional and/or elite amateur athletes
- College, club and national teams
- Coaches and other team support staff
- Participants’ families, friends, and communities.